WHAT YOU CAN UPLOAD FOR BETA READING AND CRITIQUE
- You can upload short stories, a work-in-progress, first few chapters or a complete book for getting a beta reading done.
- Authors who are looking for beta readers for their books, usually prefer putting up 2-5 chapters at a time to ease the process of tracking feedback and incorporating it side by side in their actual manuscript. This also helps to avoid giving the complete manuscript in one person’s hands thereby protecting the idea of the book and also getting critique from different people with varied perspectives.
PRIVATE AND PUBLIC MODE
- If you choose your beta reading to be Private- Only summary will be visible to everyone, but for beta reading and giving feedback on the content, beta readers will have to request for access from you. This is suitable if you want to restrict access to your content to only a few people that you choose or who request for access from you.
- If you choose your beta reading to be Public- Both summary and content will be visible to everyone for beta reading and giving feedback. This is suitable if you want feedback from a large number of people and do not want to bother on choosing who should you give access to, for beta reading.
- In all the cases, you can always choose your beta readers and request them to do a beta reading for your content
- You can always edit and change from Public to Private or vice versa.
CHOOSING BETA READERS AND GIVING AND REQUESTING FOR ACCESS TO BETA READ
- After you upload your content for beta reading, a popup will show the top 10 active users whose reading interests match the genre of your upload. You can choose and request as many of them. Also if you want to request someone in particular, then you can find them by typing their name in the search box given in this popup.
- If you have uploaded your beta read in private mode, then readers who find the summary interesting can request access from you. These will show up in the “Requests Received” tab of your account, and you can choose to Accept or Decline them. The beta reads made available by you for all will not require any special permissions to get started with beta reading.
RESPONSES AND FEEDBACK
- All content uploaded for beta reading will show a default questionnaire covering all aspects to the beta readers for filling. Beta readers can choose to answer all or some of the questions in addition to giving feedback through commenting and reacting on every paragraph
- You can thank your beta reader by beta reading their content which they have uploaded on Qwerty Thoughts and also don’t forget to follow their profile page!