1. The vision of Mukherjee Musings blog (blog.sourabhmukherjee.com) is to emerge as a popular platform for new and aspiring writers where they can find writing tips, author Sourabh Mukherjee's points of view on a variety of literary topics supported by extracts from his own books, and constructive critique of the works of select new writers who show promise.
2. The platform aims at providing wide visibility to the works of new authors. Integration of this platform with the author website of Sourabh Mukherjee (www.sourabhmukherjee.com) means that, new authors can potentially be discovered by thousands of visitors to his site. The blog is also integrated with the Goodreads page of Sourabh Mukherjee, providing further visibility to the reviews of books featured in the blog. Authors are free to share the reviews of their books in their own social networks and websites.
3. The platform aims at democratizing literature based only on one criterion - quality. The platform has till date showcased the early works of several authors and poets, all of whom have gone on to win various awards and accolades, and large readership. The works of these authors and poets are featured alongside those of popular authors, which, besides motivating new authors, also help in sustaining interest in the platform.
4. The platform aims at maintaining its exclusivity by being extremely selective about the new authors featured in it. While the platform does not make discrimination based on criteria like genre, publishing company, target readership etc., the focus is solely on quality content. The platform does receive review requests from several new voices, but only a select few make the cut, thereby ensuring the quality and authenticity of the platform itself.
5. In future, the platform will be further enhanced by the incorporation of contents from the various writing workshops conducted by Sourabh Mukherjee, so that, aspiring writers can take away valuable lessons and writing guidance. Sourabh Mukherjee has successfully conducted workshops on crime writing, as an extension of the platform.